THEN

THEN
MANY MOONS AGO

Friday, September 3, 2021

CRGS Forum Response Assignment 2

Eve proclaimed that "political movements must provide more than a rebuttal". Eve also noted that we must practice today for the future, practice through our ways of action. I believe this is how people can manifest change if we want to live in a truly equal society. In my daily life I strive to let my actions speak louder than words so I understand Eve's sentiments in regard to people becoming the change they want to see. There were several examples of strong communities Eve mentioned like the performance community, residential community and school community which highlights Eve understanding how important it is for people to support each other. Back in the late 1960s and early 1970s this was known as People Power. Even though I am not a comic book reader I appreciate the imagination they bestow upon its readers. I am also excited to learn that diverse authors are writing some of today's comic books which is the antithesis of the early years when most comic books were written by non melanated dudes. Comic books are a powerful medium and some of my favorite recording artists have been heavily influenced by them i.e. Ghostface from Wu Tang has several alter egos and one of them is Tony Starks. Another Wu Tang member is Inspecta Deck and he often refers to himself as Peter Parker or Spider Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment