THEN

THEN
MANY MOONS AGO

Friday, September 3, 2021

CRGS Assignment 1

Ken Camell ll August 26, 2021 CRGS Assignment 1 Professor Tessa Pirte A. My interpretation of the guidelines to maximize learning of social justice content are ; 1) Keep it mental and not emotional. 2) Informed knowledge is based on evidence and opinions are based on emotion. 3) Allow yourself to tap into empathy and humanity; this will enable a wider range of understanding. You will hopefully see life is full of various shades as opposed to black and white. 4) Stay aware of your own social fears and recall how you developed them. That same fear can be re-trained and converted to comfort. Especially since a lot of fear is based on lack of information.ignorance, isms and prejudice then proceed to adjust your perspective 5) Acknowledge your social space (ethnicity, your income and your lover) then attempt to stay aware of it since your outlook is heavily influenced by your social space (positionality). B. According to Sensoy and Diangelo (Is Everyone Equal pg 2- 3 ) "many are unprepared to engage in critical thinking course content due to structural inequities like political pressure and standardized testing which does not require critical thoughts. Another hindrance to developing a strong critical perspective are strong convictions and opinions in regard to subjects covered in social justice courses i.e. racism, sexism and homophobia. This segment reinstated with me since I always performed poorly on standardized tests. C. I recently had a conversation with one of my Fam in Anchorage Ak via text in regard to what is a legacy. We debated back and forth for about 3 messages before I realized that I wasn't basing my responses on the webster dictionary's definition of what a legacy is. So I was attempting to justify my opinion as opposed to utilizing informed knowledge to base my claim. I must remember that opinions are not the same as informed knowledge. So, opinions are subjective while informed knowledge is objective. Words 325

No comments:

Post a Comment