THEN

THEN
MANY MOONS AGO

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Kin Camell Self Knowledge

 Ken Camell ll

11/26/2020

Hum 6

Prof Sabzevary


                 Self Knowledge and Understanding


I'm just a heathen seeking reasons for being and breathing so, I have made several lifestyle adjustments in order to obtain self awareness and to connect with a higher power. These adjustments include no consumption of tobacco (since 2017) no consumption of alcohol (since 2013),no consumption of anything that bleeds (since 2012) no consumption of pork (since 1997) and no sexual intercourse unless I find a wife (since 2012). Along with changing my diet and sexual activity I also removed a few words from my vernacular such as; could, should would, if and never. One last word that I retired from lexicon is  the other n word which is used as a derogatory insult yet us also used as term of endearment however I choose not to use since that is the last word heard by many people who were victims domestic terrorism via the Ku Klux Klan. Since making these various lifestyle adjustments my life hasn't gotten easier if anything's gotten more painful due to my small bowel obstruction and my dysthymia yet and still I will continue to strive for self awareness and self improvement. It's worth noting that I am the only vegan and recovering alcoholic in my family although my father and grandfather needed support for their addictions (demons) they did not seek help so I'm grateful that I am actually getting the support  I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment