THEN

THEN
MANY MOONS AGO

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Greetings from Kin Camell ( Sholarship Version)


       Greetings, my name is Ken Camell ll and I'm a Super Sophomore (10th year) at Laney Community College. Maintaining a 3.0 gpa is no easy task however my major provides me with enough motivation to withstand the task. My major is African American Studies and my minor is Ethnic Studies and thankfully I am 2 classes away from completing my Associates Degree.

Born at Merrit Hospital(Oakland,Ca) on 2/18/83. To summarize things, I was living in Oakland for 12 years, then moved to Marin County(next to San Quentin Prison) in which, I resided for 9 years and even spent a year in Anchorage,AK(Cali Summers and Alaska Winters, far from typical!). Ive beenback in Oakland for 14 years in which I spent a few working for the County of Alameda ( Social Services). Upon completing  my education at Peralta I look forward to transferring to either Cal Berkekey or Cal State Eastbay plus publishing some of the essays and songs Ive wriiten and creating a non profit to remove Oaklands litter. I tend to go above and beyond what is expected of me people ,therefore feel free to google me at Kin Camell.


Ps thank you for the opportunity to obtain a scholarship which will enable me to focus on my studies without being overwhelmed by the daily financial demands(food, medication, transportation etc).


Outside of  Peralta Collleges I've developed communication skills to properly assist people from various socioeconomic groups so, hopefully I will be a valuable asset to society regardless of my college degree status. Through voluteering at KPFA radio station, The Emeryville Shoreline
and picking up trash in my neighborhood weekly. Plus I practice random acts of kindness which is an underrated community service.

Within my thirty-six years I have seen great things and met some wonderful people. While working for the County of Marin Landscsping and Utilities Department I had the privillage to provide maintainence to ThevMarin County Civic Center which is one of Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpieces  . From living in Oakland Ca to living in Achirage Ak Im learning  what happened yesterday makes us who we are today, that's if you are able to learn from previous trial and error. I am grateful for all the positive( music) and negative (family getting killed) influences, they all enabled me to be who I am today!

 I use to perform at open mics and ypu can google me.
https://www.google.com/search?q=kin+camell&oq=kin+camell++&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.6099j0j4&client=tablet-android-hms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#


One recent example of academic commitment occurred this past September ( Fall 2018) when I was in the hospital for a small bowel obstruction and despite being administered Morphine and having a suction tube up my nose and down my throat I still did my homework in the Hospital bed.  I have yet to receive any honors or accolades. Through out my life music has served as a medium and a vice to vibe with other human beings. The only things that are universal on this planet are; Math,Smiles/Joy,Frowns/Pain and Music. And when you google Kin Camell you will observe my commitment to my art , social as well as personal goals.

Listen to MIX1-Green Suede Shoes-Kin Camell by KINCAMELL'SCLOUD #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/kinscloud/mix1-green-suede-shoes-kin-1

Im proud to be learning how to trade stocks on the New York Stock Exchange. While completing an African American Economic class last year I started doing research on the burgeoning legal cannabis industry and thankfully I was able to open up a trading account with TD Ameritrade. Even though I am far from being a young Warren Buffet, maybe one day I will open a stock portfolio investment company.

In regard to a barrier or challenge... I am a Super Sophomore due to having endured a few obstacles such as; the murder of my father in 2006 ,a battle with alcohol addiction from 1997 to 2013, surviving a suicide attempt in 2014 and being diagnosed with manic depression in 2015. Plus a small bowel obstruction I've been dealing with since 1999.  With all of that taken into consideration  lack of health and lack of economic stability  contributed to my extended hiatus from Laney Community College.




Ps https://youtu.be/VLU8mDxCEVM


No comments:

Post a Comment