THEN

THEN
MANY MOONS AGO

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A Vegan + A Heathen = seekin reasons fir breathin

Greetings,

 My name is Ken Camell ll and I'm vegan plus a heathen who is seeking reasons for breathing. I am a simple dude who strives to live based on being simplistic and optimistic however living in a society where the wealth and justice is not equally distributed makes my ideals somewhat far fetched. I can't breathe is a poignant statement which resonates with me since it evokes images of Mr Eric Garner being choked to death by an NYPD officer for simply selling individual cigarettes and oh yeah, resisting arrest. I used to participate in non violent protests such as; anti George W Bush marches, rallies for immigration, and rallies to bring attention to police brutality. After Oscar Grant was killed by Johannes Mesirlee I briefly participated in a protest/march which began in downtown Oakland and by the time the protest approached Temescal(North Oakland) I grew beyond frustrated not just with police brutality but with hatred in general. After that evening I ended my protest participation and decided to become a one man tribe rebelling against hatred using my pen as my weapon of defense. Feel free to google KiN Camell and observe some of my rebellions (essays and poems).

No comments:

Post a Comment