THEN

THEN
MANY MOONS AGO

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Peace to Saad Muhammad


I was recently watching footage of legendary boxers and  that's when I first heard the name Saad Muhammad. According to the documentary Saad's mother passed away when Saad was a baby so Saad's auntie became his caregiver. Unfortunately at the age of 5 his auntie could not afford to take care of Saad his auntie then  made Saad's older brother abandono him Philadelphia's Benjamin Franklin Parkway . The documentary stated that Saad was taken in by Catholic Social Services. The nuns gave him the name Matthew Franklin (after the saint and the parkway where he was found). Matthew lived in foster care until a couple from Philadelphia adopted him, raised him, and took care of him like he was their own. Saad turned his tragedy into a triumph and became a boxing champion. I read stories like Saad's too frequently and I think that's why I was reluctant to fully respond to this subject matter. There are young adults in my neighborhood who I gave money too throughout the years since their parents were struggling. The thing that hurts the most is they are no longer children yet they are still hungry.
KENNETH CAMELL II , Jul 13 at 11:07am
Work Cited
https://youtu.be/7NTGqp0hTns

No comments:

Post a Comment