THEN

THEN
MANY MOONS AGO

Friday, November 22, 2019

Ken Camell ll English 1A ish



Ken Camell ll
 English 1A
Prof Oliver
Oct 1 2018
Post Essay #1

Response In regard to how completing this course as an online course impacted my learning is it has been challenging, frustrating yet beneficial. Attempting to navigate the Canvass portal is the source of my frustration. Thus far I have successfully completed 3 out of the 4 online courses that I've enrolled in which the Moodle or another portal were utilized. I told myself before this 2018 Fall semester started that I needed to take an On campus English 1A course as oppose to an online course. On the other hand I was dealing with frustration stemming from not receiving financial aid in the Summer of 2018 (due to not filing an appeal for taking too long to graduate) so, being that I am a super sophomore (71 units earned) I am just ready to be done. In the tech world I am an illegal alien. I am simple and old fashioned i.e. I still buy CD's from Rasputin, I have yet to own an IPhone or an Android, I haven't been on Facebook in 5 years, I don't have any experience with online dating and I have yet to buy anything from Amazon.com. Just for the record. I have used Uber car riding services several times. This semester hasn't been completely negative specifically the migration assignments which have enlightening in the sense that I can see the cohesiveness of my writing is improving. Plus I had the privilege to interview 2 of my family members and obtain some vital family history. Another benefit I enjoyed was receiving information at the beginning of the semester stressing the importance of knowing what your professor expects as well as knowing who your audience is. I hope to ascertain a few more gems that will enrich my skill in academic writing since English 1A has provided a strong foundation for how I build essays from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment